2020 Procedures and Protocols for Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
Stepping Stones will ensure adequate supplies to support hand hygiene behaviors and routine cleaning of objects and surfaces. Any donation of cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, or sanitizing wipes would be appreciated. Staff will take preventive actions daily to prevent the spread of respiratory illness and to help ensure a safe environment. The Staff will:
• Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
• Remember to supervise all children when they use hand sanitizer to prevent swallowing alcohol.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
• Cover cough and sneezes.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when you must go out in common areas.
• Cloth face coverings should NOT be put on babies and children under age two because of the danger of suffocation.
• We are encouraging limited access inside the building for safety reasons.
• Staff will wear masks in common spaces and students have the option of wearing a face covering in the classrooms.
• Enforce six feet social distancing whenever possible.
• Students will eat in classrooms to support social distancing and reduce group size in one area.
• New drop off procedures will be enforced.
All students and staff will have their temperature screened and documented when arriving at the school building. Any student or staff member found to have a fever greater than lOO’F will not be able to return to work or school until they are fever free for 72 hours
-without the aid of fever reducing medications (Examples: Tylenol, Advil).
Stepping Stones Administration will Require Sick Children and Staff to Stay Home. The Administration will:
• Communicate to parents the importance of keeping children home when they are sick.
• Communicate to staff the importance of being vigilant for symptoms and staying in touch with facility Stepping Stones Administrators if or when they start to feel sick.
• Establish procedures to ensure children and staff who come to the Stepping Stones Education Therapy Center sick or become sick while at your work/school are sent home as soon as possible.
• Keep sick children and staff separate from well children and staff until they can be sent home.
• Sick Staff Members will not return to work until they have met the criteria to return back to work (Refer to the Stepping Stones Educational Therapy Center Employee Handbook) have tested negative on a COVID-19 screening or completed fourteen days of home isolation.